The fantastic team at Sage Beauty, North Bondi* emailed me a wonderful article about adult acne. The article gives plenty of good advice BUT I really liked the advice on a gut detox as it assists the body in so many ways.
This excerpt from their newsletter …..
- Get 8 hours sleep as many nights as you possibly can
- Fix up the lighting in your home and on your phone and tablets. Stop using your phone or tablet at least one hour before bed and use a red light filter in the evening. Use dim lighting in your home at night time. No harsh and bright lights and make sure your lightbulbs are warm rather than cool.
- Get out into sunlight, without sunscreen, as often as you can.
- Stop sugar.
- Get enough protein, zinc, fibre and good quality fats.
- Start drinking dandelion root tea.
- Filter your drinking, tea and cooking water.
- Acupuncture is VERY helpful
- Regular appropriate-for-your skin facial treatments are VERY beneficial
- Support your liver with herbal medicines and therapeutic foods that help stimulate and support detoxification.
- Herbal medicines can be prescribed that help support your body under stress and also address the hormonal imbalance.
- Follow a nutrient dense, anti inflammatory diet.
- Avoid sources of synthetic oestrogen such as storing oily or fatty food in plastic, heating food in plastic, pesticides and skincare that contains chemicals such as phthalates and parabens and resorcinol (ironically found in many acne treatment products)”
Sage beauty can assist with getting your hormones healthy the natural way. They not only are experts in holistic skin care but also offer acupuncture, massage, homeopathy and more…… email@example.com